Emergency Notification System (Everbridge)
Safety and Security Services has implemented a new computer system for sending messages to the campus community in the case of an emergency. The system is called Everbridge and is used by several public sector organization including many universities. Employees and students are automatically included in Everbridge and are sent invitations by the system to personalize their emergency contact method by signing up to the member’s portal. Invites to sign into the portal to personalize your data will be sent to new users at the start of every month. This information is required to be updated yearly.
If you have not been invited to join Everbridge or are experiencing issues with login and/or usage of the portal website, please report it here: https://hub.acadiau.ca/TDClient/Requests/ServiceDet?ID=99
If you have already joined Everbridge, you may access the portal here: https://member.everbridge.net/index/453003085611518
Frequently Asked Questions (Everbridge)
This service allows you to opt-in to receive notifications via additional methods such as local phone and text messaging.
This system will be used to notify you about campus emergencies and will include information about closures, campus threats, etc…
Yes, notifications will be sent to your Acadia Email, as well notifications will be posted on the Acadia University website, Facebook, and twitter.
The system is only as good as the information you provide. If your contact information changes, you can always visit your profile and update your information.
No. The information that you provide will be used only by Acadia University for notification purposes.
If you have any questions please contact the Service Desk at 902-585-4357 or via the website.
In addition to Everbridge, the University employs a range of means to alert our campus community to an emergency situation or campus closures as quickly as possible.
- Fire alarm - indicates the need to evacuate the building immediately.
- University "Urgent-All-Acadia" Email - notifies anyone with an @acadiau.ca address of an emergency situation or campus closure; this is a stand-alone email system that you cannot opt-out of.
- Phone Voicemail Message System - notifies campus holders of a 585- phone number. Users can check their voicemail from any location to get information about an emergency or notification of campus closure.
- University Web Site - During an emergency or campus closure, official information will be available on the University's Web site at www.acadiau.ca.
- Local Radio Stations - will broadcast information during severe weather situations.
- Residence Life Staff - will communicate directly with students living on campus.
- Information Line - 1-902-585-INFO (4636) will be updated to provide information to callers regarding an emergency or situation.
All available forms of communication will be used to convey important information to the University community.
Whenever you receive an emergency notification, please act quickly and decisively, as directed by the notice.
To report an emergency, call 911 and contact Safety and Security at 585-1103.
To access your voicemail from off campus to check for a storm-related closure:
1. Dial 585-2200
2. Press 3 to access the voicemail system
3. Enter in your voicemail box number followed by the #
4. Enter your password followed by the #
5. To play the message(s) - press 2