The University employs a range of means to alert our campus community to an emergency situation or campus closures as quickly as possible. You may be notified in several ways.
- Fire alarm - indicates the need to evacuate the building immediately.
- University "Urgent-All-Acadia" Email - notifies anyone with an @acadiau.ca address of an emergency situation or campus closure; this is a stand-alone email system that you cannot opt-out of.
- Phone Voicemail Message System - notifies campus holders of a 585- phone number. Users can check their voicemail from any location to get information about an emergency or notification of campus closure. *
- University Web Site - During an emergency or campus closure, official information will be available on the University's Web site at www.acadiau.ca.
- Local Radio Stations - will broadcast information during severe weather situations.
- Residence Life Staff - will communicate directly with students living on campus.
- Information Line - 1-902-585-INFO (4636) will be updated to provide information to callers regarding an emergency or situation.
All available forms of communication will be used to convey important information to the University community.
Whenever you receive an emergency notification, please act quickly and decisively, as directed by the notice.
To report an emergency, call 911 and contact Safety and Security at 585-1103.
* To access your voicemail from off campus to check for a storm-related closure:
1. Dial 585-2200
2. Press 3 to access the voicemail system
3. Enter in your voicemail box number followed by the #
4. Enter your password followed by the #
5. To play the message(s) - press 2